Monday, March 12, 2012

Hope for a Hurting Marriage


The endorsements are coming in from reviewers of We All Married Idiots: Three Things You'll Never Change About Your Marriage and Ten Things You Can. I received this review today from Mary, a freelance writer, married 17 years with two children:

"My marriage has been crumbling around me for quite a while. In fact, I remember the last big fight we got into, and why it escalated into several days of cold silence. In a moment of anger, I called my husband an "idiot."

When I showed him the cover of Elaine W. Miller's book, We All Married Idiots, he laughed, and we agreed; 'Isn't that the truth...'

When I started reading though, the truth began to sink in and soon I wasn't laughing.

Elaine has touched upon so many truths in this book. With gentle wit, humor and wisdom, she points out where so many of us go wrong in a marriage, the ways we tear down with our hands what God means to be built up for His glory and our good. For young couples starting out, this book contains the secrets that will enable them to persevere, to run their race through the difficult years. For those married a long time, this book could be the key that unlocks the doors to a renewed passion as they remember just what it was about their spouse that brought them together.

I don't know if my marriage can be saved. Maybe I'd be idiotic to think it can, but Elaine's book has shone the bright light of truth on where we went wrong, and given me hope that maybe God can use a couple of idiots to bring glory to His name.

God bless.

-Mary"

Dear readers, please join my heart in prayer for Mary and her marriage: Heavenly Father, thank You for Mary and her honesty written with love. I pray in Jesus' Name, that You will heal her marriage. Lord, restore and renew the love they had for each other 17 years ago. We need a miracle, Lord, and I ask You to do it. Work in this marriage and heal hurts and fill Mary and her husband with love for each other and a determination to shine for You. I ask in Jesus' Name. Amen.

How can I pray for your marriage today? Just let me know. It would bring me joy to pray for you.

Splashes of Serenity and hope for marriages—that's my prayer.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Elaine, a powerful example of why we as servants of the Lord Jesus Christ toss our hats into the public ring. I'm sure Mary's words both encourage you as a writer and break your heart as a praying believer. I applaud your work and your faithful witness to others. May God truly touch hearts for the better through your writing. God bless--Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tom. And I pray the same will be true of your writing. What a privilege it is to write for Him and be used by Him in the lives of those He loves and for whom He died. Keep shining, Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine,
    Congratulations on your recent book! How/where can I buy a copy?
    Thanks,
    Becky M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen...I pray for Mary's marriage and for the marriages yet to be touched by your book. May HE continue to be glorified through your writing and speaking.

    :) Lisa M Buske
    http://lisabuske.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky M. Thanks for asking where you can buy my book. When it is released—hopefully in April 2012—it will be available as an e-book as well as a print book, on Amazon, on this website, at your local bookstore, Barnes & Noble, and through my publisher, Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. Stay connected for updates. You'll probably hearing me praising! Blessings to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine, what a lovely (and sad) review. Thanks for sharing & may God use your book to touch many, many more hearts!

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!