Thursday, September 6, 2012

Why I LOVE Book Signings



I LOVE book signings. Being a people person, I crave meeting readers face to face. Screen time can frustrate an extrovert like me. Get me out into the public — now!

Plus, the God appointments at each signing leave me amazed at how God works.

I remember my first book signing of my first book, Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Moms. I stood at the store's entrance and handed a book to every person who walked in. Inviting them to take a look, I assured them they didn't have to buy and explained Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Moms were short devotional stories of real moms whose lives have known pain and experienced victory.   

One customer listened to my "sales pitch" and started to cry. She shared with me:

 "I'm visiting my daughter. She just learned her 18 month old daughter will never walk. She and her husband are at their home devastated. I decided to give them some time alone and I went for a walk. I've never even seen this book store. I'm not from this city. But as I walked down the street it was as though God told me to go into this store. Then, the first person I meet is you who hands me this book for drained moms. I know I'm to buy it for my daughter."

 I prayed with her and stood in awe at God's divine intervention at a book signing. I will share similar stories in the future as my book signings often bring a stranger in need.

If you are in the Syracuse area, I'll be signing all three of my books this Saturday, September 8 at Sacred Melody bookstore (the same store where the above happened), 3501 James Street in Syracuse from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. I'd love to meet you.

Please pray for me as I am a guest on Bridge Street, News Channel 9 WSYR TV this Friday, September 7 live at 10:00 a.m. and recorded at 8:00 p.m.

 


 


May we never miss the opportunity to be a splash of serenity in someone's life.

Thanks for your splash of serenity to me!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Elaine,

    This is one of the same things I looks forward to when my first book is released in April 2013 - to meet the people I have only "met" via my blog, email or on FB. Thnk you for sharing your heart and time with your readers.

    Lisa M Buske
    Http://lisambuske.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!