Monday, March 22, 2021

My Covid Journey — The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face


"What joy!
He found my window. 
First time I've seen him in three weeks!
Thrill of my life being married to Dan Miller.
Soon I'll touch that handsome face and kiss those lips."
~ my thoughts on this day.

The nurses and I finangled a rendezvous at my window.
They knew healing comes when one is touched by love.

 I saw him.
He could only imagine my face behind a darkened window. 

Three weeks.
Without his touch. 
Living in uncertainty that we would ever touch again.

He cried, 
felt helpless, 
insufficient to improve my condition.

He would change places with me, 
if he could. 
But he couldn't.

What could he do?
He prayed. 
And prayed. 

Fasting and praying. 
Prone on the floor crying out to God for the life of his wife. 

 Jesus,
our sufficiency,
our healer,
 our hope.

He never lost sight of our faces, 
our needs, 
our love for each other, and 
our love for Him.

The weeks were long and pain-filled. 
Our God is eternal, and joy-filled.

Jesus. 
Our healer. 
The Love of our lives. 
The One Who joined us as husband and wife and 
called us to ministry together. 

He would trade places with us 
if He could.

He could.  
He did.

On a hill far away was an old rugged cross.

"Surely He took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows,
 yet we considered him stricken by God,
 smitten by Him and afflicted. 
But He was pierced for our transgressions, 
He was crushed for our iniquities; 
the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and 
by His wounds we are healed." 
Isaiah 53:4-5

My healing came because I was touched by Love.

Thank You,
 Jesus 

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!