Friday, January 25, 2013

A Spanish Translation of We All Married Idiots is Diosidencia!

 Hold the phone!!! We All Married Idiots: Three Things You Will Never Change About Your Marriage and Ten Things You Can is being translated into Spanish! I'm too excited to sleep thinking about the impact upon Spanish-speaking marriages.

How did this happen? Well, God opened the door and I'm walking through with the help of a friend in South America and a willing publisher.

Stephanie Beers, International Worker in Uruguay, ordered one of the first, if not the first, copy of We All Married Idiots. I know, because she left a post on my facebook page telling me.  She read it, loved it, and messaged me that We All Married Idiots is needed in Uruguay. There is an 80 percent divorce rate there! Could the book be translated into Spanish?

Wow! I asked my publisher and my agent. The publishing process is slow, so I was not surprised when no answer came for months. God seemed to be closing the Spanish door.  Then, this week my agent, Diana Flegal, informed me that my publisher, Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas, would publish We All Married Idiots in Spanish if a translator could be found.

I contacted Stephanie asking her to pray about translating the book. I loved her response. "I prayed ... but it was a pretty fast and furious answer! Easy peasy! I think the book is worth the effort. Not to mention the results!"

Turns out Stephanie loves translating. She has lived in three Spanish-speaking countries, and has the ability to translate so those in Uruguay and those in Florida and any Spanish speaking person will  be able to read Idiots.  Do you hear my heart pounding?

 Stephanie wrote to me, "Don't worry! Be happy!" I am Steph, I am!!!

Stephanie says "Things like this I call 'Diosidencia'. the word for coincidence in Spanish is "coindencia' and the word for God is 'Dios' ... so it is God's coincidence!"

Any prayers for this project are appreciated! God is planning a work with Spanish marriages. I'm so excited!

Anyone know how to write splashes of serenity in Spanish? I don't. So I'll close with buenos dias, amigos!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Several have not been able to leave comments. Sorry. Hit the box to open in a new frame, if you receive a "not available" page. Thanks. I'd love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several have not been able to leave comments. Sorry. Hit the box to open in a new frame, if you receive a "not available" page. Thanks. I'd love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine,

    To Him be the glory...

    Praising God with you for the doors opened, your faith to walk through, and the marriages yet to be touched.

    Hugs,
    Lisa M Buske
    http://LisaMBuske.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I was waiting for that Spanish translation and I was glad that I have found it in here.Thanks for sharing.I could say that translators really play a big role in our society.I can't see machines taking over the jobs of human translators in the near future, as they have done with so many other professions.Marriage is such a great topic, many couple may relate on this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!