Thursday, December 3, 2015

What a Vow to Cherish Looks Like



My husband would be the first to admit his faults, and I've written about our imperfect marriage in three books. Yet, there are some days, he just gets it right. Today was one of those days.

Up early for a speaking engagement, I dressed, combed, applied makeup, took a last look in the mirror and said . . .

"Ugh!"

 My hair too short (haircut yesterday, of course), my nose too long, my wrinkles too deep, and  my face too fat  from the five pound Thanksgiving  gain,  I felt old and unattractive.

With a sigh of acceptance, I went to find Dan  to say our good-byes and  give our good kisses.

Unaware of my sin of pride and overall feeling of blah, Dan spied  me in the hallway. Not waiting, my lover came to me  and held me like I was still the little girl he married 45 years ago. With a twinkle in his eye and his signature half crooked smile He said . . .

"You look beautiful."

I am spoiled, I know. Couples, it is time to stand firm for marriage and spoil each other! Didn't you vow to cherish your beloved?

This is what a vow to cherish looks like!

". . . may you rejoice in the wife of your youth."
 Proverbs 5:18 (NIV)

Husbands, when was the last time you told your wife she was beautiful?

Wives, when did you last give your husband a  kiss that lingered?

You'd be an idiot not too! But, that's in another book!

May your acts of love towards each other fill your hearts with splashes of serenity,

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Gonna give my hubby a good kiss after I write this comment! ;) So glad you were able to visit our MOPS this morning! God really used you in our group!! Merry Christmas!
    Rachel Pereira - http://dishesanddoctrine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So sweet meeting you, Rachel. Your MOPs won the prize of the best MOPs ever! Thanks for your encouragement. I hope we see each other again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!