Monday, March 15, 2021

My covid Journey — The Nurse Saw an Angel


The supernatural can happen when severely ill.
God heals terminal patients.
Peace arrives in turmoil.
Joy replaces fear.
Angels surround your bed.
God takes an old lady and makes her beautiful.

Ha!
I'm that old lady.

In ICU with covid, I still needed my every-six-weeks cancer treatment.
The Corning cancer Center brought my three-hour infusion to my ICU room. 
For this procedure, I am sedated slightly.
You know, where you are aware of people talking but you are unable to respond.

On this day, I heard the nurses' conversation:

"I've never seen anyone in such a deep sleep."

"Isn't she beautiful."
 
 "She looks like an angel."

Are you kidding me?
Beautiful was not me on this day.
No shower.
No shampoo.
For. Over. Three. Weeks.

And yet,
the nurse saw an angel.

I've pondered this day in my covid recovery and realized
I was at my lowest and ugliest.

 But, 
the nurse saw an angel.
A supernatural event.

Perhaps closest to death, 
I was also closest to Jesus.
He so filled me with His Glory 
 that the reflection on my face was
Jesus Himself.

"And we, 
who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory,
are being transformed into His likeness 
with ever-increasing glory, 
which comes from the Lord, 
Who is the Spirit."
2 Corinthians 3:18  


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!