Sunday, March 14, 2021

My Covid Journey — The Big Guns Come Out


My doctors put out the big guns.
I am on an infusion marathon to fight covid-19.
IV's in both arms drip life and healing into my body.

We hope and we pray.

The biggest gun of all arrived.
Convalescent Plasma.
The bag above, 
filled with someone's plasma,
dripped life into my decaying body.

Drip.
Drip. 
Drip.

I stared at that yellow bag, 
knowing it was my last hope. 
There were no other drugs to give. 

  I cried  
All night. 
I couldn't stop crying.
    
My tears were joyful drops.
I prayed not for myself,
I prayed thanksgiving to the one who gave their life for me.

You see, someone, somewhere survived covid-19.
Whoever that person is,
 whose plasma was 
now dripping into my body, 
has a heart of gold.

They gave their time to go to a blood donation center.
They gave up time indulging themselves, 
and they thought of me.
Some old lady, 
they never met,
 so she can have a few more years to live.

They gave gas money,
 possibly sick time from their job, 

They gave time spent with the people they love
so I can have more time with the people I love.

Some say, 
"I'm done with covid. 
Now, let me go play."

Others say,
 "I'm done with covid.
 Now, who can I help this day?"

Thank you
convalescent plasma donors.
You rock.
You remind me of Jesus.
Just like Him,
you shed your blood so I can live.

"Be imitators of God, therefore,
as dearly loved children and
live a life of love,
just as Christ loved us and
gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and
sacrifice to God."
Ephesians 5:1-2

How can you live a life of love today?

Please consider being a blood donor.
You may save a life.
Just like Jesus.


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!