Thursday, March 13, 2014

Help for Russian Marriages


 Russia has the highest divorce rate in the world says the European Union Times. That shock was followed by this: United States has the third highest divorce rate in the world with Aruba placing second.

Sociologists say Russia's high rate of marriage failures are caused by alcoholism, financial difficulties and crowded living conditions. Russian people disagree saying infidelity, poverty, and inability to compromise are the three top reasons Russians divorce.

Aruba divorces are mostly between same-sex couples and American divorces happen because Americans are seflish and filled with hate according to the European Union Times. If you would like to read the full report in the European Union Times go here http://www.eutimes.net/2012/11/russia-no-1-in-top-10-countries-with-highest-divorce-rates-in-2012/

Whatever the reasons for divorce (and there are many) I am thankful  Dan and I are not in those statistics. Yet there was a time (because I was selfish), I desired freedom from marriage. For this I am thankful because God is using our near divorce and our marriage story to encourage others to hold on and not let go. God wants to give you a marriage greater than you ever asked or imagined. I know because He did it to mine.

This Saturday, March 15, 2014, please listen in to part 2 of my TransWorld Radio interview in Russia on www.twrradio.ru. My marriage story will be aired every four hours at 2:45, 6:45, 10:45, 14:45, 18:45, and 22:45 Moscow time. Part 1 was aired March 8 and Part 3 can be heard March 22 at the same times.



I'm praying for your marriages, dear Russian friends.

With love and splashes of serenity,

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow, only Americans divorce b/c they are "selfish and filled with hate"-all other peoples have more pragmatic reasons. Mmmm, I think maybe this is more telling about the "EU" than anything else.

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!