Thursday, January 7, 2016

Be the Man of Your Castle and Treat Her Like a Princess




Husbands, this post is for you. Let me ask you, On your wedding day, did you open the car door for your bride? Of course you did. Do you still? If not, why not! What a simple gesture to show love and care for your beloved bride no matter how long you are married.

My granddaughters were riding with us in of our car recently. Grandpa always opens the doors for his granddaughters because they are his princesses. And for me too, because I am his Queen.

 "How does it make you feel when grandpa open the car door for you?"
 I asked Gracie.

"Loved, respected, cherished." she smiled.

Isn't that what husbands and wives promise on their wedding day? To love and to cherish.

 It's so easy to treasure your wife. Why wouldn't a man continue this practice through all his wedded days.  I don't know, but I suspect that simple gesture could keep your marriage sweet.

My husband of 45 years lets me know every time we enter and exit a car that he loves, respects and cherishes me. So simple. Doesn't cost a penny, yet in my heart  has the same power of a dozen roses.

"Husbands,
 in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, 
and treat them with respect as the weaker partner 
and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, 
so that nothing will hinder your prayers." 
1 Peter 3:7 (NIV)

Splash serenity on your bride today and open the door, guys!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!