Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reading Books in the Bathtub can be Good for your Marriage

Cracked me up! 

 This morning a young mom thanked me publicly for the impact of  my book Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives in her parent's marriage. She gave the book to her mom who loves baths. Her dad found her mom in the bathtub reading Drained Wives.  Observing that the first reflection was titled "My Wedding Began in a Church —  My Marriage Began in a Bathtub" he hopped into the tub with his wife!

Oh my!

The daughter reports that was the beginning of their reading Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives every night together in the bathtub.

Well, I never intended that scenario when I wrote "My Marriage Began in a Bathtub." But, as my lawyer son would say, "It's legal!" And as my Pastor husband would say, "It's commanded!"

"The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time. . ." 1 Corinthians 7:4-5
 
 
A writer never knows how or WHERE her words will work in a life. This I do know: A good number of wives bought Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives this morning.  I'm making no assumptions. I'm just sayin' there are some hubbies who might want to grab a towel! Wink!
 
You can order autographed copies of Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives at the bookstore on this website.
 
 
 
I'm not sure this was a splash of serenity, but it sure was a splash that made me laugh!
 
Photobucket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!