Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why I Write and Why You Should Too

This morning's Scripture reading was a beautiful reminder of why I write and why you should too!

"... Future generations will hear about the wonders of the Lord. His righteous acts will be told to those not yet born. They will hear about everything He has done." Psalm 22:30-31

Years ago I began writing journals so that one day when I am dead, future generations will read them and know what God has done in my life. They will know the wonders of the Lord.

The world is filled with such tragic news. May we not be guilty of hiding the Good News from our grandchildren.



Do you journal? Wouldn't you love to read your great, great, great grandmother's thoughts? Leave your words and God's Word as a priceless inheritance to your children and your children's children's children.

Splashes of Serenity,

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I've kept a prayer journal since I was in high school. It's not a list of prayer requests, but my actual prayers written out. I first started it because I kept falling asleep every time I closed my eyes to pray!!! But now it's become such a part of me and it's neat to look back and see the highs and lows I've been through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,

    My journaling has changed over the years but I still love to do it. Some of my favorote things to read are my grandmothers' journals - generations of family history and the inner thoughts of the wonderful woman at tbd backbone of my family.

    Thanks for the reminder,
    Lisa M Buske
    Http ://lisabuske.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Journaling helps me process...I hope they can be encouragement one day to those who may want to take the time to read them...mostly I pray...they over the years they had read my life...and that would be for every impacting. blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!