Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I gave up sugar; He gave up His life

I'm ashamed. My plan (and my doctor's advice) was to give up sugar for Lent. I don't think my resolve lasted 30 minutes. Fallen again, I picked myself up and realized how silly to think I can deny myself sugar and somehow please God. He wants my heart more than He wants my waistline.

If surrendering all sweets during this Holy Season for the purpose of losing weight is my goal; I am thinking of self. My heart isn't truly trying to please God who sacrificed Himself for me. How ridiculous to think giving up something for a short time will somehow make God happy and gain me access to the Holy One.

Forgive me, Lord. I give you my heart not just for Lent and Easter, but every day as a sacrifice of praise for what You did for me. You died on the cross to take the punishment for my sins so that I can be acceptable to God. Then You rose from the dead and ascended to Heaven. How blessed am I that You now sit at the right hand of the Father praying for me--waiting for me to join You one day. You are amazing! You are my Savior!

I give my heart and my life to You, Jesus. Thank You for the abundant life on earth and eternal life in Heaven promised to those who believe that God so loved the world that He gave His only Son--Jesus--that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. I pray for the readers of this blog. May they know the joy of their salvation.

Serenity comes when you surrender to the Savior. May this truth hit you like a splash today.

If you want to be sure you are on your way to Heaven, please email me at SplashesofSerenity@yahoo.com.

Blessed Easter,
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!