Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Don't Let Your Marriage Go Down the Drain


My husband Dan is well aware of my passion for a hot soak at the end of the day. Wherever we travel, he asks for a bathtub in the reservation. Such was the case at the VRBO we recently rented.

"How was your bath?" He asked as we kissed goodnight.

'I didn't get a bath. I got a shower.  It was great."

"What! Why a shower?"

"Well, there was no plug in the bathtub drain, so I got a shower. No problem."

In the morning, Dan said he had an errand. He returned with a bathtub drain stopper.




Maybe not a big deal to you, but to me Dan's purchase was a picture of his love.  Every day he is kind, thoughtful, and seeking opportunities to make my life better.

That's what love is. 

"Love is kind" (1 Corinthians 13).

Love is "not looking at your own interests but each  of you to the interest of the other" (Philippians 2:4).

Why has our marriage not gone down the drain? Some days it seems to, butost days Dan cares for me and I care for him. Always looking for ways to be kind and make our life together better.

Splashes of Serenity prayed for your marriage!



Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!