Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Worst of Times—A Child Has Cancer

"Two thoughts came to mind when I heard my diagnosis,

First, for the glory of God.

Second, I'm thankful I have cancer and not one of my children. 

"Having cancer takes courage. 
Watching your child suffer takes surrender."

 from the chapter,


                                "The Worst of Times—A Child Has Cancer" 


in my book,

Praise the Lord and Pass the Chemo: 
A Hopeful Response to A Hard Diagnosis.

If your child has cancer, my heart breaks for you. I know a little of what your family is going through because my baby brother had cancer. Nine months old. Six months to live. I was sixteen.

 Kaboom! 

Our family exploded in shock and grief. Don't give up hope. Although you are experiencing every parent's worst nightmare, there is a hopeful response to the hard reality of childhood cancer. 

I devoted the longest chapter in my new book, 
Praise the Lord and Pass the Chemo: A Hopeful Response to a Hard Reality, 
to the hard realities of childhood cancer. 
Although hard, there is hope. 
The hopeful response comes from my own testimony of the good that God brought to our family because we knew pain. 
In this chapter I share wise words from brave mothers 
whose babies lived and some who died with childhood disease. 
These  moms know suffering we know not of, and have wisdom that comes from God.

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. If your child has cancer or any disease, or if you know of a family watching their child suffer, please gift them with a copy of Praise the Lord and Pass the Chemo: A Hopeful Response to a Hard Reality. 


Coming soon to this website, but available on Amazon now at https://www.amazon.com/Praise-Lord-Pass-Chemo-Response/dp/1945976012/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1537908119&sr=1-1&keywords=praise+the+lord+and+pass+the+chemo 

The American Childhood Cancer Organization says, "A diagnosis turns the lives of the entire family upside down." https://www.acco.org/childhood-cancer-awareness-month/

Childhood disease puts great stress on every aspect of a marriage. Never before have husbands and wives needed each other, but never before have some of them felt so distant as they suffer privately instead of together. I suggest gifting the couples with We All  Married Idiots: Three Things You Will Never Change About Your Marriage and Ten Things You Can. They'll have a few laughs and share some unexpected kisses, which will bless their lives as well as the life of their child.


Available on this website or on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/We-All-Married-Idiots-Marriage/dp/0984765522/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1537907841&sr=1-1&keywords=we+all+married+idiots

Praying for Splashes of Serenity on families who suffer,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!