Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Poem Silliness




A birthday poem is my writing goal for this day,
But, alas, there is no way
I can find words under Heaven
That rhyme with birthday sixty-seven.  

Certainly there is no sixty-eleven
Although I have a friend whose name is Bevan
And I know people who won't eat leaven. 

So I'll forget the rhyming and say with glee
I thank my Lord for giving to me
Four years past birthday sixty-three

And the best I can say about being sixty-seven,
Well, that makes me one year closer to Heaven.
  
Splashes of Serenity on my 67th birthday!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Marja Verschoor-MeijersOctober 2, 2015 at 6:32 AM

    Haha, this is great Elaine. Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you! I love my birthday because God allows me to grow old. Too many I know died young and would love to celebrate their 67th birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!