Tuesday, May 5, 2015

When Life Overwhelms, Consider the Violet

Violets are a Springtime favorite of mine. Memories of picking them from my childhood grassy place and presenting them to my mother as a Spring surprise bring smiles. She had a favorite vase (long since broken from this earth but not from my heart) she'd place  the sweet purple treasures in with water and display on the kitchen sill to cheer her busy days.

Or, perhaps, to remind her of God's power and care.

In my devotions today I read about a violet in a poem written by Hannah Whitall Smith. Her words and the assurance that God controls all things comforted my soul.

"I feel as weak as a violet
Alone with the awful sky;
Winds wander, and dews drop earthward,
Rains fall, suns rise and set,
Earth whirls; and all but to prosper
A poor little violet!"


 God sees the violets and they thrive. God sees your troubles, and He cares. He isn't saying, nor will He ever say, "Oops! I forgot about you." He never will because He can't. He's God and God is good and God is enough. When life overwhelms, consider the violet and rest in the cleft of The Rock.


"He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock

That shadows a dry, thirsty land;

He hideth my life with the depths of His love,

And covers me there with His hand "

~Fanny Crosby ~


Happy Mother's Day to all you sweet violets resting in God's care!

Praying you have  a Splashes of Serenity and a picking violets type of day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!