Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Christmas Surprise From Heaven

My first Christmas without mom, yet she's always here. She lives in my heart and in memories of Christmas past. She's there as I shop, bake her recipes, wrap, and sing favorite Christmas carols. A tear comes as I unwrap Christmas ornaments that once adorned her tree.

My parents' bedroom furniture fills our guestroom. Sometimes, like today, I go there, sit in her chair, and remember.

For no reason, I opened my mother's dresser drawer.

What's this? A small Kaufmann's bag inside contains two credit card receipts dated 1995 and signed "Mrs. Glenn L. Wolford." And this:



A book mark! A Christmas gift from my mother!  Mom's furniture has been with me for nine years, but today, my first Christmas without her, I find her gift.

Why have I not seen this before? Well, for practical reasons, we moved this summer and the Kaufmann's bag must have been jolted lose from the back of the drawer during the move.

Nah! I'm not practical. I don't believe in coincidence.  I'm spiritual. God knew I missed my mom and He allowed me to find this gift from her to me on the exact day He knew I needed her love from Heaven.

How do I know? Well, because that's the way God loves us. He sends what we need right when we need it.

Thank You God for the best two Christmas gifts of all: The Lord Jesus and a book mark of love from my mother. I feel her hugs and kisses and all my Christmas dreams have come true.

 Have a great  first Christmas in Heaven, Mom. Give Jesus and Dad a big kiss from me! And, yes, Mom, I know I need to write another book.

Praying for all those who miss their loved ones at Christmas. The hurt hurts more this time of year.
I pray you know how great is the Father's love for you and that God gives you a Merry Christmas splash of serenity gift of love in His perfect timing.

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"
2 Corinthians 9:13

Merry Christmas hugs!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!