Tuesday, October 21, 2014

God Saved Our Marriage and He Can Save Yours



I'm packing my bags and heading to Danville, PA where tonight I speak to the After Five Club at the Frosty Valley Country Club. Packing a suitcase for an overnight in Danville, brings back memories of many years ago.

We spent our wedding night in Danville, PA. That's a whole other story of  how I locked myself in the bathroom and refused to come out. What joy I was to my beloved that night.

Our marriage had a rocky start from day one. The first year I packed Dan's bags three times sure that our union would not last. Let's end this now before it's too painful and too late and children are involved, I reasoned.

Marriages haven't changed through the years. In 1970 and in 2014, couples still give up too soon for too little reason.

Dan and I packed and unpacked and packed and unpacked again, trying to muddle through our difficult relationship in our own strength and wisdom. What fools!

One day we grew up, wised up, and gave up our lives and our marriage to God. So simple, yet powerful. God filled our hearts with love for each other — a love stronger than we had ever before known.

God saved our marriage and He can save yours.

"For nothing is impossible with God." 
Luke 1:37

Forty-four years ago scared silly I locked myself in a hotel bathroom. Tonight with confidence and no fear, I proclaim that Jesus is the answer to your marriage problems. Please hold on and don't give up for

"Love 
 . . . never stops hoping
. . . never gives up." 
1 Corinthians 13:7

Our marriage story is written in my two books, We All Married Idiots: Three Things You Will Never Change About Your Marriage and Ten Things You Can, and Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives.

Please pray for the people who will hear my story tonight. May those who have ears listen. 

Splashes of Serenity prayed for your marriage,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!