Wednesday, October 30, 2013

This Blog Could Save Your Life




My friend's husband died last week. Wow! Not expected. My heart aches for her.

Earl had pulmonary fibrosis. I know this disease well as my father died of pulmonary fibrosis. It's fatal. There's no reason to have it and no way to prevent it. One day you wake up and breathing is difficult as your lungs harden. Two weeks to two years later, you will die unless you receive a lung transplant or healing from the Lord Jesus.

Earl was Number 1 on the National lung transplant list, but no donor died so Earl did not live. My father was 87 and too old to be considered for a lung transplant. Earl was 58. He died young.

Nadine is the sweetest person. I love her. Wanting to do something to make her smile, I'm writing this blog in hopes someone will decide to be an organ donor. Trust me. When you are gone, you won't need those organs. There is a loved one surrounded by family as he/she dies and waits and prays that an organ donor will be found.

Every year 28,000 people are granted life because someone donated an organ.

Yet, every ten minutes a new name is added to the waiting list.

Eighteen die each day waiting for an organ.

One organ donor can save eight lives.

It's easy. Make your death count by giving someone else life. Go to www.organdonor.gov and register as an organ donor.

Please let me know if you do. You'll be a splash of serenity on my day.

 I love Nadine. I remember her years ago when we were both baby Christians. She came into my house all excited because God encouraged her with Romans 15:13

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
 
My prayer for you dear sweet Nadine is that the God of hope will fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
 
Praying splashes of serenity for Nadine and her family in these days,
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!