Monday, December 10, 2012

A Day in the Life of a Book Signing

Book signings are my favorites, because I love meeting readers face to face. Plus spending the day in a bookstore makes me giddy.

Here are a few shots and thoughts from my booksigning Saturday at the Arrowhead Christian Bookstore in Binghamton, NY.


Dress and act professionally. Remember, you represent the store and the publisher and the Lord Jesus Christ.


Having a friend around to help promote is a plus. Thanks to Bonnie Calhoun, author of Cooking the Books, (See her book at http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Books-Sloane-Templeton-Mystery/dp/1426733887/ ) , who sat and drew customers in for three hours. What a treat. Thanks, Bonnie.


Meet the employees and have a good time. Afterall, these are the people who sell your books. This sweet lady told me her daughter said, "I didn't marry an idiot." After reading the back cover, the daughter then said, "Oh yes I did!" Mom was buying her We All Married Idiots  for Christmas.


What a sweet couple. She was hesitating. Her husband assured her, "Buy the book. We should read this." I have no concerns about this marriage. You could see their love for each other. Plus they plan to read We All Married Idiots together.


Stand up and talk and listen to people's thoughts. This dear man shares my concern for marriages today. He thanked me for writing Three Things You'll Never Change About Your Marriage and Ten Things You Can.


For some reason men are my best customers. In marketing, don't exclude any audience. Singles are reading We All Married Idiots too as they think about marriage in their future.


Be enthusiastic and pass out postcards or book marks as you walk around the store.

 

So many loved my book and laughed out loud at the title. Others shared their marriage stories and the pain. May We All Married Idiots be used of God to heal.

Blessed to say SOLD OUT! and thankful I remembered to put a case of Idiots in my trunk so I could sell some more. Thank you, Arrowhead Bookstore! You and all those readers were a splash of serenity to me yesterday.

Don't forget to put We All Married Idiots in your Christmas stocking. You can order autographed copies on this website or on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/We-All-Married-Idiots-Marriage/dp/0984765522/


Merry Christmas!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Elaine! Wishing you much success with your books. Thank you for the tips.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog for Diane's Meet and Greet. She's a treasure! :)

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,

    Thank you for sharing a snip-it of your day and book signing experiences. I love how you continue to teach and mentor to other authors, like me, through your blog. I look forward to April 3, 2013 when I can put your suggestions and pointers to use at The River's End Bookstore in Oswego, New York for my first book, "Where's Heidi? One Sister's Journey".

    Thank you! You are a splash of serenity to many.

    Lisa M Buske
    http://LisaMBuske

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine,

    Thank you for sharing your book signing and day with us. I appreciate how you continue to teach and mentor other aspiring authors, like myself.

    I look forward to putting your suggestions into practice on April 3, 2013 at the River's End Bookstore in Oswego, New York. It will be an exciting day to see "Where's Heidi? One sister's Journey" in print and meet some of those who will read it.

    Thank you for continuing to teach and mentor. You are such a blessing and a splash of serenity to many.

    Lisa M Buske
    http://LisaMBuske

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!