Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Keep Those Wedding Anniversaries Coming!


Dan and I enjoyed a special weekend away celebrating our 41st anniversary at the Miller family camp in the Adirondack Mountains. I'm a simple girl. There's no place I'd rather be than cozied up with my honey in the woods.

I smiled when I woke our first morning away. My love rose early and picked wild flowers for me. He knows they are my favorites! My wedding bouquet was all daisies.

I laughed when I saw our unity candle on the table. Immediately, I flashed back 41 years to my wedding day when that candle (which has burned for 41 anniversaries) was about 1/4 inch from catching my wedding veil on fire. Witnesses simultaneously gasped, "Your veil!" Funny now to remember.

Marriage can be difficult. On those days, it's good to remember events can be bloopers, but your marriage is not. It is ordained by God. Treasure it. Keep those candles burning and flowers blooming.

So, what's your wedding blooper? I'd love a good laugh today.

Splashes of Serenity to you as you remember that special day in your life when God joined you as one. It's not always an easy road, but so worth it!

Elaine

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Elaine & Dan! Love you both and you are both a wonderful example to us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terri. It's wonderful to know 41 years of love. Not all days are easy, but as you hold on to Christ, He holds you together. Blessings to you and your Dan.

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!