Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why I Love Delta Lake Family Camp!


Splash! Tubing on Delta Lake is fun and refreshing. It gives a whole new perspective to a hot day. I'm looking forward to enjoying Delta Lake and the Bible Conference Center in my back yard. Won't you enjoy it too at Family Camp, July 1-9! Here are just a few things I look forward to during Delta Lake Bible Conference Center's Family Camp:

Dr. John Stumbo will immerse us in God's Word as our evening speaker. After hearing Dr.Stumbo speak at Council in Kansas City, I’m hungry to hear more of the awesome truths God is teaching him through his healing process. If you’ve missed John’s blog, you’ve missed a blessing. Check it out at www.JohnStumbo.org.

Alliance Women’s Summer Renew Celebration on July 3 at 3:00 has me eager to hear from the many International Workers I love and pray for! We welcome Becky Dyke from the Dominican Republic, Becky Mindek from Black Forest Academy and Macedonia, Kathy Eikost from Bosnia/Herzegovina, Sue Stern from Argentina, and Missy Davis from Dalat School. Woo Hoo!!! This is going to be good.

I look forward to welcoming Pastors’ Wives and Women Official Workers to my home at 8933 Lakeview Drive for tea on Tuesday, July 5 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. This annual event is a highlight for me. Come and fellowship together and hear Kathy Eikost share from her heart especially to women in ministry.

The Second Annual Upstate New York Christian Writers’ Gathering is happening July 7-8! I look forward to the line up of speakers as well as teaching a seminar myself on “A Writer Speaks.” Last year’s Gathering bore much fruit for God's Kingdom. Writers came out of their shells and are winning the race toward publication for the glory of God. For information on this Gathering, please contact Debbie Tuthill at dtuthill@hotmail.com or call her at 607-829-8531.

And to top it all off, what would Family Camp be without my grandchildren! You’ll hear them, I’m sure. Bring it on!!! Tubing, here we come!

There is so much more happening. Don’t miss the fun, the teaching, the campfires, the 4th of July celebration, the worship of our King! I thank God for Delta Lake and it’s ministry to our District Family and to me personally. July 1 – 9 are days at Delta you won’t want to miss. For more information please see www.Deltalake.org.

I'd love to hear why you love Delta Lake.

A blessed summer to you,
Elaine

2 comments:

  1. Elaine,

    I love Delta Lake. I hadn't visited or attended anything at Delat until this past July. I attended the Christian Writer's Gathering. At first I was nervous since it was really the first time I had traveled more than an hour from home, solo! It was a long drive and I second guessed my decision to go, almost truning back towards home a few times.

    Once at Delta, I registered and found my room. I had only allowerd a few moments before the gathering so there wasn't time to look around. Within moments of being on campus I felt a weight lift from my shouldes. I couldn't wait for the first break to walk around and check out my surroundings.

    I met new friends, learned new strategies and skills to improve my writing and most importantly, healed. God used Delta Lake to restore independence, healling and hope...with a renewed inspiration to write.

    I look forward to this summer's visit. I learned a lot from the daily speakers both in the chapel and in the conference. I've prayed and worked hard to apply this to my life.

    I thank God often for Delta...for the healing and for the friends! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I never knew. Thanks for sharing this beautiful testimony. Delta is a place many have healed. Thanking God for what He has done in your life and writing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!