Monday, March 16, 2020

A Prayer of Hope for Those Fighting Fear of Cancer, Coronavirus, and other Crises.



Cancer, Coronavirus, crises of all kinds cause us to fear and worry. I understand those feelings.

Today I received word from a cancer patient that the prayer in the second chapter of my book, Praise the Lord and Pass the Chemo: A Hopeful Response to a Hard Reality, blessed her as she began chemotherapy. May this prayer of my heart bless yours: 

"Heavenly Father, cancer,
 [coronavirus or any other crisis] 
is not a battle I ever wanted to fight. 
Thank You, Lord Jesus, for fighting for me.
 In the deep dark I cling to You as 
You go off to war on my behalf. 
Help me to rest in You and to be still when 
my mind races with worry and fear. 
Enable me to laugh when I feel like crying. 
Give me joy in this journey. 
May I be still and know, really know, and feel, and
be totally aware that 
You are God, 
and I am not. 
I place my mind, my heart, my cancer,
[this coronavirus, this crisis], 
my family, and my soul in You and 
I rest in the all-powerful, mighty, strong, able name of Jesus. 
Amen."


"The Lord will fight for you; 
you need only to be still."

Exodus 14:14
May our Lord splash our days with serenity and peace.

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!