Saturday, October 20, 2018

A Spiritual Makeover of the Heart



Yikes! This is me enjoying a 70th birthday treat at the Spa (thanks to two sweet children). Wow! Fabulous! But Wow! Ouch!!! The massage hurt so good. The therapist found muscles I didn't know existed.

Made me wonder???

If I had a massage of my heart, what sins would be found lurking within me?  Sins I didn't even know were there, just lurking around (standing in the shadowy corner of my heart) and keeping me spiritually unfit.

"So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you . . . ." (Colossians 3:5 NLT). 

"Drink lots of water to wash out all the impurities I stirred up during the massage" the massage therapist said as I left. 

Whoa! As H-2-0 flushes out physical impurities, so too God's living water cleanses us of spiritual impurities. 

""Whoever believes in me, as the Scriptures has said, 
'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water'" (John 7:38 ESV).

I want that living water (rivers of water, not a clogged up stream) flowing through my heart, don't you? Drink in God's Word, Ask God to reveal the sinful, earthly sins lurking inside, and put them to death. Kill them. Getting rid of  impurities will allow us to live the abundant life God promised. 

Will you join me? 

 A heart massage will hurt so good!!!

May God give us splashes of serenity as He gives us a spiritual makeover of our hearts,

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!