Sunday, October 1, 2023

My Birthday Poem. Three-Quarters of a Century


I love my birthday!
 Every year I write a silly poem (for I am not a poet) 
to celebrate the miracle of life God has given to me.

Woo Hoo! Whoopie!

Happy Birthday to me!

Today I'm three-quarters of a century!

How, oh how could this ever be?

Doctors expected I would never see   

Three-quarters of a century.

But God controls my destiny 

And He has more years for me, 

Apparently. 

So, don't put me out to sea. 

Or think that I've gone up a tree! 

I think that we can all agree 

The best things in life are free. 

I don't need a shopping spree 

To enjoy my salvation which is free!

Believing in Jesus is the key 

to spending life in eternity.

One day my birthdays will be Heavenly.

Until then, I celebrate with glee 

The joy of living three-quarters of a century. 

 And thank God He's allowed me to arrive  

To the ripe old age of seventy-five.   

"Gray hair is a crown of glory" 

(Proverbs 17:6) 

 

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me!


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!