Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Merry Christmas Good News and Joy from our House to Yours


Good news! 
Great joy!

"Don't be afraid! . . . 
I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. 
The Savior—
yes, the Messiah, the Lord
—has been born today in Bethlehem. . . . 
(Luke 2:10-11).

What a year! 

The pandemic rushed in and good news and great joy seemed to rush out.
 This new year may we celebrate with great joy the good news of Christmas.

 A Savior has been born!

 When we focus on Jesus, we realize our great joy doesn't depend on the world's good news, 
but on the certainty of the Good News of

God's presence, 

God's power, 

God's promises, 

God's plan, and 

the birth of a baby born in Bethlehem, 

God's Son, 

our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Hallelujah!

 Our family celebrates with great joy this year the awareness of God's presence, power, plan, and promises through some difficult days. 

After twelve months, we celebrate that my covid is gone and I no longer need supplemental oxygen. So many days brought joy and hope as my sweet caretaker husband nudged me toward health. 

He assured me I could climb a mountain. 
And I did. 




He said we didn't need a cart when we golfed. 
And we didn't.



 He pushed me to bike a little bit farther and farther.
 Mission accomplished.
 

I'm healthy and
my heart is filled with joy and 
thanks to Jesus my Healer,
  Dan my husband extraordinaire, and
  all of you who prayed me through. 

With God nothing is impossible.

We rejoice that life has resumed as normal for Joanna and Bob. Joanna's teaching reading remotely was difficult for the teacher and the student. Gracie and Ryan sitting at home on a computer learning was tough. But now that is over, and we rejoice!  All are back in school with Ryan and Gracie on High and very High Honor Roll.   


One has to be joyful visiting the Sliwa farm. Elizabeth and Joe added more sheep and Elizabeth started working at the Pregnancy Resource Center. Garrett is stationed with the Army in Washington state. Connor is a welder, Ava hopes to graduate in December, Isaac believed in Jesus and was baptized, Brenna loves animals, Charlotte raises goats, Lucas is tall, Gunnar makes us laugh, and Sailor keeps up with them all. What a fun farm filled with joy!



Sam and Katie had a joyful surprise when Holly Susannah arrived early. Having a baby in NICU with Lily and Jack at home was a challenge, but ended with all joy. What a treasure for Dan and I to visit them in their home in South Dakota where Sam serves with the Air Force JAG.



Merry Christmas friends and family.
 Enjoy the One born on a starry night and 
shines in our hearts today. 
The One Who brings us Good News and Great Joy!
Hallelujah, what a Savior! 

Our love and prayers,

Elaine and Dan




Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!