Tuesday, March 2, 2021

My Journey With Covid — Prayers Poured Into God's Heart and Love Poured Into Mine

What a blessing attending one's own funeral and then living to tell about it. No kidding. You know when you attend a funeral, everyone stands around and shares memories and jokes about the one who can no longer hear. I was there, I heard, and I was filled with joy. Your prayers poured into God's heart and your love poured into mine. Many times I thought, How wonderful! I feel like I am attending my own funeral. What a grand celebration!


My grandgirls shared laughs and good times and fun. 
How I loved conversations with them that we may have missed without covid.


My girls and husband were there for great laughs and some good cries. 
These were moments I treasure still today. 

The words spoken by my son in South Dakota still ring in my heart. 
We talked mostly about our fly fishing outings together. 
I'm so glad when a little boy asked me to take him fishing, 
I took the time. 

And then there was you!!! 

Hundreds of you contacted me 
assuring me of your prayers,
flooding my mind with Bible verses to encourage me, and 
sharing stories of our life together.
 
"When you spoke at a retreat 20 years ago, I accepted Jesus as my Savior. Thank you."

"Your book saved my marriage."

"Your books changed my life."

"I am praying for you!"

So many words of encouragement and love.

I wrote in my journal the first day in the hospital: 

"Dear angel friends,
How you have blessed me with 100's of prayers.
You filled my heart full of hope and scripture promises.
Thank you for your love towards me and my family.
I know this, if God doesn't  heal me
 (which He will), 
it's not for lack of prayers.

For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.
How blessed believers are in a win/win life.

  Philippians 4:1
'Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, 
stay true to the Lord.
 I love you and long to see you, dear friends,
 for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work.'"

God heard your prayers and chose life for me.
Forever, I will be thankful to Him and to you  
for taking the time to attend my funeral.  

Reflecting on it all, 
I realize we should not wait until we stand at a casket to 
remember the impact someone made in our lives. 
Don't wait. 
Tell someone today that you love them and that
they made a difference in your life. 

As 1 Thessalonians 5:11 says: 
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up . . . " 

I'm so glad you loved and prayed me through this illness.
 Love is healing. 
Let's encourage one another and build each other up daily.
We all may not have covid, but
we all need encouragement.

Splashes of Serenity! 

Signature






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!