Monday, December 21, 2020

What a Difference a Day Makes! The Miller's Christmas Letter

What a difference a day makes. One day we're celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary (Yes, Dan fit into his 1970 Navy uniform and no, my wedding gown did not zip in the back. But still.) We had a blast.







The next month covid-19 hit our home and remains three months later.  Nothing could hide our joy when I was able to walk to my second floor hospital window and see my Dan for the first time in three weeks. 


Time. Time has been on my mind a lot these days. It seems like from day one this pandemic season has lost us time. Days. Weeks. Months. Or has it? The Bible (and the Byrds) say ". . . there is a season, and a time for every purpose under Heaven."

Season. Time. Purpose. As I dig deep into memories of  2020, I pray we never miss a day, a season, a time, or a purpose. Time is only wasted when we waste it. For God has a purpose for every good and difficult day of our lives. How we live life, our attitudes, the growth or the grumbles we choose are ours. Today (and everyday) let us fill our hearts with thankfulness and praise to the One who blesses us with time, with seasons, and with purpose.

Thank you to all who prayed during my 25 day stay in hospital isolation with Covid-19. My mind had lots of time to ponder the truth that there is a time to live and a time to die. I thank Jesus for His peace that indwelled me realizing this could be my time to die, but I had nothing to fear. God forgave my sins, Jesus took the punishment for my sins on the cross, and God promises eternal life to me and to all who believe. In life and in death, we have nothing to fear if we know Jesus.

You prayed me home into the arms of my dear husband who is now my caretaker. Dan's kindness, gentleness, patience, and good cooking are a blessing as we embrace this season of our marriage together. Covid damaged my lungs and I remain weak, breathless, and my lungs are unable to produce sufficient oxygen. Please continue your prayers as we trust God for healing in my lungs. My doctors say this is a six-month healing process. I'm learning to live with an oxygen tank and will celebrate with a big breath when a tank is no longer an accessory to my wardrobe. 

Our children make a joyful difference in our days. We are blessed by them.

Joanna and Bob live in a world of teenagers adjusting to going to school and learning at home. Ryan missed most of a cancelled baseball season (sad) and Gracie has a boyfriend (happy). 

Elizabeth and Joe will welcome baby #10 this summer. Connor is engaged to Jessica  (sweet and fun couple) and Garrett joined the Army.

 Sam and Katie moved to S. Dakota with the Air Force where they live five minutes from a fishing stream (God answers his prayers. Ha Ha!). We marvel at Katie's, Lily's, and Jack's ability to adjust and embrace the military family's life.

Today (and everyday) let us fill our hearts with thankfulness and praise to the One who blesses us with time, with seasons, with purpose, with salvation through His Son Jesus Christ, and the day that changed all days — Christmas!  

What a difference Christmas Day made! One day the Word became flesh and dwelt among us as the only begotten of the Father. One day God sent us His Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. The day I believed in Jesus Christ and gave my life to Him. What a difference that day made for me!

 Blessed Christmas dear ones.

Elaine and Dan




Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!