Thursday, October 17, 2019

Conquering Cancer



I have blood cancer.

Blood cancer is different than other cancers because it's not a tumor a surgeon can cut out. As my body deteriorated and my pain increased in the sleepless, pain-filled nights, I felt helpless realizing  cancer-filled blood runs through every organ in my body and there is not a thing I can do about it.

Fear gripped me. 

Then Jesus took hold of my thoughts.

Yes. I have cancer running through my veins. 
But Jesus' blood runs through my veins too. 

Christ lives in me!!! 

Jesus is more powerful than cancer. 

Christ is my big C. Not cancer.

 Christ is my Healer. 

Christ, not cancer, holds my life in His Hands.

"And this is the secret —Christ lives in you! 

Who is more powerful in your life?
 Christ or cancer? 

Cancer can eat away at your bones and cells,
but cancer can't touch your soul. 

Cancer can steal time,
but cancer can't take away a moment God planned for you. 

Cancer will not win the victory for your life.
Christ already won it.

 Jesus Christ is the big C.

 Keep your eyes on Jesus Christ the healer,
not on cancer the destroyer. 

Cancer is vicious,
but Christ is the Victory!" 

  - from my book Praise the Lord and Pass the Chemo: A Hopeful Response to a Hard Reality.

We conquer cancer when we stop worshipping this disease by living in fear that cancer has more power than Christ. 

"I have been crucified with Christ; and I no longer live,
 but Christ lives in me."
  Galatians 2:20 (NIV) 

Not cancer. 
Christ!

I am very happy to report that not only is the fear of cancer gone, but targeted therapy continues to keep my leukemia from progressing. I no longer have pain-filled days or nights. I am healthy and happy and loving Jesus every day. Thankful that even this disease in my body can be used for God's glory. What a splash of serenity!!!

More of my cancer journey is shared in my book Praise the Lord and Pass the Chemo: A Hopeful Response to a Hard Reality.  Available on this website, Amazon, Target, and Walmart.




Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!