Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Do You Want To Write A Book? Start with a Writers' Conference


Have you ever thought of writing a book, but you don't know where to start?

 Has God given you a message to write or to speak? 

Is your manuscript finished and you are looking for a publisher?

 Would you like to improve your communication skills?

Would you like to meet writers who become your life-long prayer warriors and friends? 

Would you like to spend a week with me? (Don't answer that.)

Would you enjoy a week of laughter and good ole Pennsylvania cooking?

Have you dreamed of dwelling at the historic farm of R. A. Torrey?

I've got a place for you!

 Montrose Christian Writers Conference in Montrose, PA
July 14-19, 2019
See the website WWW.MONTROSEBIBLE.ORG 
for more information and registration


Montrose Writers Conference 
is where my writing career began.

In the early 2,000's God called me to write a book, but I didn't know how. At Montrose Christian Writers Conference I learned the writing/publishing business and with God's blessing my first book was published.


Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Moms

A year later came
Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives  

Four years later 
We All Married Idiots: 
Three Things You Will Never Change About Your Marriage and Ten Things You Can 
was birthed in English, Spanish, and Bosnian.

A cancer diagnosis nudged me to write my new release
 Praise the Lord and Pass the Chemo: A Hopeful Response to a Hard Reality. 

The specialness of Montrose Christian Writers Conference came to light as my Montrose friends (or odd ducks, as we call each other) walked with me and prayed me through my hard diagnosis. I am forever grateful for the prayers and love received from the folks who became friends at Montrose Bible Conference. With joy I am living a full life in good health. Thank you, odd ducks. You are the best!

This summer I am excited to return to Montrose Christian Writers Conference as a workshop leader teaching:

"A Writer Speaks to Touch Hearts"
 Speaking/Writing do's and don'ts that help us become writers/speakers who connect with our audiences, lead listeners into the heart of God, and motivate people toward action for the glory of God and through the power of the Holy Spirit.  

"Our Most Essential Writing/Speaking Tool—A Pure Heart" 
 We can write great books and be articulate Bible scholars, but unless our audiences see Jesus in us, unless they see love in our lives, our words are resounding gongs. Let us examine our hearts for sin lurking within and keeping us from  becoming the writers/speakers God gifted us to be.

"Be My Guest"
 Being the guest on radio, television, or newspaper interviews takes more than just showing up. We must prepare.

A myriad of authors, editors, speakers, publishers, and agents will bless and challenge us to write for the generation to come so

"That a people yet to be created may praise the Lord." (Psalm 102:18).   

For more information please see WWW.MONTROSEBIBLE.ORG.

What started in a small town in Pennsylvania swelled to a world-wide ministry speaking in Russia, Bosnia, and across the USA. Who knew? Well, God did when He directed me to a sweet spot called Montrose Christian Writers Conference.  Is God directing you to write? If so, I hope to see you at Montrose!

Splashes of Serenity!
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!