Tuesday, January 2, 2018

What Really Matters in 2018 — The Condition of My Heart




A peek into my journal lets the secret out. My New Year's Resolutions were different this year. Perhaps it's getting older, perhaps living with cancer, but when I sat to  reflect and write my 2018 resolutions, I chuckled realized my hopes had changed. Gone were my annual lose weight, get organized, exercise goals. Instead, God placed the following in my heart:

My 2018 Resolutions:

To glorify God.

To surrender to Him and His will.

To Trust in the Lord.

To keep my eyes on Jesus.

To die to self and live for Christ.

To be a soldier for Christ.

To share my faith.

To encourage others in their faith.

To live each day to the full.

To not waste time in earthly pursuits.

To praise Him continually.

To pray without ceasing.

To keep the wonder of a child.

To cling to the cross.

To be joyful in affliction.

To shine in the dark.

To hunger and thirst for righteousness.

To love unconditionally.

To live.

 To feel the wind on my face and the grass between my toes.

To not rush through life, but enjoy the expanse of moments.

To smile and bring joy.

To notice children and listen to them.

To love deeply.

To be all Christ created me to be.

To rest in His Arms.

To have no expectations that this world will ever satisfy me.

To live for Christ alone.

At the end of life neither God nor I will care if I lost weight, exercised, or ever got my house in shape. What will matter is the condition of my heart. May our resolutions reflect what God wants us to be instead of what the world entices us to become.

"The Lord does not look at the things people look at.
People look at the outward appearance,
but the LORD looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7 (NLT)

May 2018 be filled with splashes of serenity as we live for Jesus!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.

    I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!