Monday, December 14, 2015

Words Every Woman Considering Abortion Needs to Hear


Our son holding his baby girl
who also would not have seen life
had I listened to a doctor 
and ignored the voice in my heart.

Reading the Christmas story this morning reminded me of my own unexpected and troubling pregnancy 38 years ago.

"You are pregnant. Perhaps you should consider an abortion." The doctor's words stabbed my heart. Beauty and ugly, life and death spoken in one breath.

After two successful, but complicated, baby deliveries, I was advised by my doctor that I was taking a risk and to have no more babies. But here I was pregnant with baby three. This delivery could mean my death. Joy and fear filled me.

The virgin Mary was afraid too. In those days an unmarried pregnant woman was sentenced to stoning. What would her love Joseph say or do?

My baby reveal came from a doctor offering no hope or plan or encouragement other than

 "abortion."

Mary's baby reveal came from an angel assuring her,

"The Lord is with you. Do not be afraid."

Funny, I didn't know it then, but I know it now, Mary and I both responded in much the same way.

Eight months pregnant, still facing death, I surrendered my life and my baby to God when I prayed at my kitchen window,

 "I give my life and my baby to you, Lord.
Do with us whatever you please."

God pleased to do a lot. Fear left my heart and peace entered. I still felt that I may die, but I knew whatever happened, the Lord was with me and I didn't need to be afraid.

Mary, as well, surrendered with her prayer

"I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said."

Two pregnancies. Both brought forth precious baby boys.

How will your pregnancy end? An abortion or a baby? If you are making that choice, please don't listen to words that offer no hope, plan, or encouragement.

Hear God's Words to you:

 The Lord is with you. Do not be afraid.

 There is hope for you and your baby

There is life after birth.

Perhaps you aborted your baby. Please know the Lord is still with you. He is merciful and loving. God will forgive you and heal your pain. Surrender to Jesus Christ. He was born to be your Savior. Just ask Him.

 If you want to know more about the Christian life, have any questions, or desire prayer please contact me.I'd love to help you on your journey.

May this blog bring Splashes of Serenity to a woman making a difficult decision today,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!