Monday, August 31, 2015

"I Don't Chase the Garbage Truck Down the Street in My Bathrobe Anymore!" — Book Review



I laughed and related when I heard the book title I Don't Chase the Garbage Truck Down the Street in My Bathrobe Anymore!  Organizing for the Maximum Life. For, I have, indeed, run down the street in my bathrobe. Not after a garbage truck, but after my dog. I'm an organizational nightmare, right down to caring for my pets.

Forgive me, but housecleaning is my least favorite activity. My home looks presentable, but please don't open a drawer or closet. If you bake at my house, make sure you check the inside of the oven. Who knows what lurks inside. Could be the dog!

That was my life before I read Dianne Barker's, I Don't Chase the Garbage Truck Down the Street in My Bathrobe Anymore! Now, I find joy in organization and cleaning. Why? Because Diane showed me how to find freedom from the clutter and joy in the mundane.

I've read  many books on organization, knowing this is a huge flaw in my life which robs me of time and happiness and freedom to do what God wants me to do. But this book worked for me.

  I Don't Chase the Garbage Truck changed my life. Diane's book isn't just about changing your messy habits, it is about getting your life back. The life God planned for you. I Don't Chase the Garbage Truck. not only organizes your cupboards, but also prioritizes your life, freeing you to spend more time with your spouse and become a more fun and effective parent.

Dianne Barker covers every aspect of life in this powerful book. And she uses scripture to encourage throughout so that we can do ALL for the glory of God. Even clean your house. I love this book and won't pass it along, because I am keeping it to read again and refer to often.

At the Advanced Writer's and Speakers Association Conference, Dianne and I met.What a joy. Our senses of humor bonded. You'll love her too! Check out her website and buy her books at www.diannebarker.com



Splashes of Serenity on your life happens when we free our minds, our homes, our lives of the clutter that keeps us from being all God meant us to be. Thanks, Dianne, for teaching this lesson so well.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!