Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Laughing Through Chemo

"I can't believe it's you!" A happy lady wearing a brown wig and Christmas clothes proclaimed.
"I have cancer. My husband gave me We All Married Idiots to read while  having chemotherapy. Oh my, I laughed so hard. Your humor got me through chemo! Thank you!"

What joy to an author's ears! Honestly, talking to a stranger wearing a lovely wig meant more to me than a call for a Today Show interview (which hasn't happened btw).

What a grand morning speaking at the Country Cupboard in Lewisburg, PA.

Two accepted Christ.

God encouraged me through a new friend with cancer.

Oh yea, and  I just realized my shirt was on backwards the entire morning.

A diva, I am not. A splash of serenity, I pray I am. Especially to those who need to laugh through their pain.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!