Saturday, July 20, 2013

Making Cold Marriages Hot Again


Writers don't go through years of labor birthing a book so no one will read it. We want our books read and to matter and to make a difference in lives.
I rejoiced this week, the hottest of the year, that We All Married Idiots was hot! Idiots is read, it does matter, and the book is making a difference in lives.
The following reviews showed up on Amazon.com this sweltering week, making me sweat drops of joy! 
5.0 out of 5 stars From One "Idiot" to Another "Idiot", July 16, 2013
When I told my husband the name of the this book, he said, "Now that sounds like a good book!" And indeed it is, and one that every married couple should read and discuss together. Elaine Miller gives us that opportunity in her "Change" section. Elaine emphasizes that there are no perfect marriages because there are no perfect people. Couples today are so quick to leave a marriage hoping to find a better one...but they take their same "idiot self" into the next marriage to another "idiot".

I loved this book so much that I included a quote from it in my book Dear God, He's Home! A Woman's Guide to her Stay-at-Home Man, and included it in my recommended reading list. That is the highest recommendation I could give since I only wanted to include books that I knew would help strengthen marriages during a time of transition.

Readers will find themselves changing and discovering that those things that drove them crazy about their spouses are not so bad after all. And who knows...maybe neither spouse will feel like such an idiot after they read and study this book together!

***************
The above was written by a well-respected author. The next from a reader who loves her man and cares about marriages — her own and her friends.
***************

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book, July 17, 2013
 This review is from: We All Married Idiots: Three Things You Will Never Change About Your Marriage And Ten Things You Can (Humorous Books | New Releases) (Kindle Edition)
This is the best book I have read in a long time! Not only did it open my eyes to a lot of things in my marriage I laughed everytime i read it and even cried a few times. Though she puts a funny twist on a lot of things it is a very serious book. All too often we give up instead of looking up. I am considering buying this in print to pass on to a few young couples i know. Would make wonderful wedding gifts in my opinion. I would give this one 10 stars!
 ****************
I didn't spend four years of my life writing We All Married Idiots to make money or to stroke my ego. My heart aches for couples to stay together and experience marriage as the blessing God intended. My prayer is that husbands and wives would look at their spouse as a gift to treasure, not an idiot to tolerate.

My hope is to make cold marriages hot again!

Do you know a marriage in trouble? Won't you gift them with We All Married Idiots?


Book reviews are like splashes of serenity on a hot day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!