Valentine's Day isn't a day of hugs and kisses for everyone. Devastated from a break up, a death, a difficult marriage, or never feeling loved by anyone, you feel Cupid's arrow shot right into your heart, and you hurt.
I hurt for you too. Please know you have a God who loves you. He will never hurt you. You are His own precious treasure and His arms of love surround you. He cies "Cling to me!" and yearns to embrace you with His lavish love.
What can you do to celebrate Valentine's Day? Choose to love!
Here are some suggestions to take you out of the Valentine's Day blues:
1. Bake heart shaped cookies and take them to your neighbor, a hurting friend, a nursing home, a widow, your newspaper carrier, a military family, your Pastor's family, anyone! Who doesn't love a sugar cookie!
2. Call someone who needs a word of encouragement!
3. Find a friend who is alone tonight and go out to dinner and celebrate the gift of God's love for you.
4. Volunteer to babysit for a young couple who needs a date and can't afford a babysitter. I know babysitting can be exhausting, so take a friend who can help. If you have the financial ability, bless the couple with money for their date.
5. Grab a Concordance and read every passage on love.
6. Take a hymnbook and sing all the songs with "love" in the title!
At the end of the day, wrap yourself in Jesus's arms and sing "Jesus loves me. This I know. For the Bible tells me so." Rest in Him aware of His great love for you. It's true, you know. Jesus loves you.
There are so many ways to celebrate love! Let's hear some ideas from you.
May your Valentine's Day be filled with love as you love others!