Thursday, April 5, 2012

BAM! I Nail His Hands to the Cross!

Good Friday is here! I don't understand. How did they sing praises to Jesus one day and crucify Him a few days later?



But isn't that what I do every day?

Waking up praising Him for the new day, I open His Book, speak to Him, listen to Him, sing praises to Him, smile, and enjoy the sweet peace of knowing Him.


Energized, I begin my day joyful. Without warning my Cheerios spill and I grumble that there are none left. Walking into my food pantry, I look at the bursting shelves and say There is nothing here to eat.

BAM! I NAIL HIS HANDS TO THE CROSS.

I walk into my packed clothes closet and think I don't have a thing to wear.

BAM! I NAIL HIS HANDS TO THE CROSS.

I think about my neighbor who is sick. Oh, I do need to bake her a casserole, but I have so much to do today.

BAM! I NAIL HIS HANDS TO THE CROSS.

The phone rings. Sigh. A telemarketer trying to make a living. No compassion here. Rudely, I interrupt and hang up the phone too hard.

BAM! I NAIL HIS HANDS TO THE CROSS.

My friend is sad and lonely. I must call her, but I never seem to find time. Although, there is time to watch that mindless TV show and allow actors I'd never invite into my house take a comfortable seat in the family room of my mind.


BAM! I NAIL HIS HANDS TO THE CROSS.

Why is that person driving so slowly? Come on get a move on, I don't have time for this slowness.

BAM! I NAIL HIS HANDS TO THE CROSS.

Looking in the mirror, I notice the gray and the nose too big and the body too fat. I wish I was prettier.

BAM! I NAIL HIS HANDS TO THE CROSS.

The politician I don't favor is giving a speech. I have my opinions! I don't agree with his political viewpoint. I think bad thoughts about him, but have I ever prayed for him as Jesus tells me to?

BAM! I NAIL HIS HANDS TO THE CROSS.


His blood is on my hands.

BAM! JESUS NAILED MY SIN ON THE CROSS! HALLELUJAH! GLORY TO THE KING OF KINGS!!!

Thank You Jesus for shedding your blood for the forgiveness of my sins. Forgive me when I sin and endure so little when you endured it all.

Do we want splashes of serenity in our lives?  May we stop nailing his hands to the cross and start living in obedience to Him.


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine I am a good friend of Jeanette Levilie. Thank you so much for this post. I saw myself so clearly. ugh Forgive me Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Phyllis. Great meeting you. Yes, I saw myself too. That's why I wrote it.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Phyllis. Great meeting you. Yes, I saw myself too. That's why I wrote it.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine

    Humbled and convicted. Thank you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!