Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Drowning in Despair? Here is a Splash of Serenity for You!


Need some serenity as you take the heat? Feel like you are drowning in the despair of the day? Going through deep waters and barely keeping afloat?

News Splash! God's Hand is holding yours and He won't let go!

This photo of my friend's baby and husband taken at Ithaca Falls brought to mind a favorite scripture for when I need a Splash of Serenity. I pray it encourages you.

"But now, this is what the Lord says--
'Fear not,
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you....
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you,....
Do not be afraid, for I am with you;...
No one can deliver out of my hand....'" Isaiah 43:1- (NIV)

Ahh! Refreshing! I feel better all ready. Don't you?

Fill your day with God's Splashes of Serenity. He never met us to be overwhelmed with problems. He holds us up. He is our life preserver--He is all we need to keep afloat.

So splash! Don't let today's troubles overtake you. You are HIS! So grab God's Hand, jump in and enjoy a swim with Jesus.

What gives you a splash of serenity on a difficult day? I'd love to know. Let us encourage each other.

Elaine

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely refreshed! Thanks, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,

    This is a refreshing verse! A new one to write on the shower walls. LOL Yes I said the shower walls. We keep the children's bathtub crayons (to make bathtime fun) and write different Scriptures on the shower walls and notes back and forth to each other. It is always neat to see what Scripture our loved ones are praying. :) Note: If you work a verse too long, it will stain the white, lol - a constant reminder from April 2011 for me!

    A beautiful post Elaine!
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Lisa, we both have a thing about bathtubs and serenity. I hope your shower is the site of many splashes from God. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!