Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Sin Nailed My Love to a Cross


The up and down emotions of this Easter week, leave me sad. I can't bear the thought of the One I love most being nailed to a cross. I believe and I rejoice at Jesus' Resurrection, but my sin nailed my Love to a cross. It breaks my heart.

Had I lived in those days, where would I have been that week?

The day He rode a donkey into town, I suspect I would have led the parade of followers celebrating Jesus as the King. The Messiah. The Savior. The One Who came in the Name of the Lord.

And I ask myself, What would I have been doing the following Friday when the crowd shouted, "Crucify Him!"

People cheered Him one week and crucified Him the next. Many who loved Him, abandoned Him. They abandoned Him.

It's unthinkable, but would I have denied Him too? Absolutely not! But isn't that what I do each time I sin? I forget about HIM. I abandon Him. I deny Him. Forgive me, Lord.

I am so sad Jesus had to die, but I am filled with joy! His death led me to God. "For Christ died for sins...to bring you to God." (1Peter 3:18). Hallelujah to my Savior! My King! My Messiah. My Jesus!!!

Jesus is not a splash of serenity. Jesus is my Serenity. Is He yours?

Elaine

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post this morning, Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine!
    What a poignant reminder of our wonderful Savior's sacrifice. I am always overwhelmed when I think of what He did for us. Although Jesus' time on earth was so long ago, the Bible makes the story new and fresh whenever we read it.
    Also, I LOVE this time of the year, which always reminds me of new life—new life in Christ—and the wonderful eternity that is there for all who trust in His atoning death, burial, and resurrection. And today could be the day He might come back for us. Hallelujah!
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine,

    A powerful and thought provoking blog today. We had a guest today in church who sang about the "Lamb" as Easter approaches...with tears in my eyes the thoughts of joy and sadness ran through my head. Your post put into words the emotions running through my brain as I worshipped and enjoyed this morning's service. Thank you!
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!