Monday, August 23, 2010

My Reflections on Writing Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives



"No one is going to read this!" I assured myself as my fingers pounded out our secrets on my keyboard. My picture-perfect marriage was being exposed with the fact that we had flaws--big ones. No one knew I packed Dan's bags three times the first year we were married. I continued typing knowing if I was going to write a book that would help husbands and wives, I had to be real. I could not have the attitude, My marriage is perfect! Why isn't yours?

When a book contract arrived for Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives, I cried--loudly--and wondered if my Pastor husband would lose his job or if my teenage children would forgive me for being in their minds the "Christian Dr. Ruth." All the while, thoughts of if this book helps one marriage, it will be worth it filled my heart.

Months later a stranger approached me and said, "I just want you to know your book saved my marriage." It was worth it. I hope it is worth it to you as well.

Would you like to read it? Diane Estrella is offering a book give away of Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives. Leave a comment on her blog, http://www.DianeEstrella.com, and your name will be entered for a drawing. Winner to be announced on August 30, 2010. I hope it is you.

Dan and I celebrate 40 years of marriage this year. How thankful we are that when life was draining, we held on to God and we held on to each other. Now I pray that everyone reads this book. It is worth it.

May you and your beloved be filled with splashes of fun and serenity as you grow together in love,

Elaine

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to my blog and your generous giveaway! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking the risk! That's what God calls us to do! Thanks for being obedient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the Lord led you to be real. Marriage is hard work, but with the Savior on our side, it can be a blessing.

    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read it! I will head over there now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Shelley Butler! She won!!! Shelley will soon receive a free copy of Splashes of Serenity: Bathtime Reflections for Drained Wives. Thank you to all who participated and sent such encouraging notes my way. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!