Friday, December 11, 2009

Overwhelmed at Christmas?

Overwhelmed. Many of us feel that way during the busy Christmas season.
Caught up in the noise, the spending, the celebrating, and the Christmas carding, I find December to be the most hectic month of my year. It wasn't that way the first Christmas.



Jesus came so silently. No one roasted a goose, decorated a tree, or strung lights from the rooftops. They didn't need to--Jesus was enough. When the angel told the shepherds, ". . . The Savior--yes, the Messiah, the Lord--has been born today in the city of David!" (Luke 2), the shepherds didn't run home to deck the halls with boughs of holly. They "hurried off" to see Jesus!



This Christmas I want to make sure I see Jesus. If the cookies aren't baked and the house not perfectly decorated, I refuse to be inundated by it all. The only thing I want to overpower me is the presence of Christ in my life and the knowledge that God sent His Son, Baby Jesus, as a gift to me. Overwhelming, isn't it?


Merry Splashes of Christmas Serenity to you!

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love hearing from you! Thanks for sharing!